Tuesday, April 24, 2012

adore

There has been so very much on my heart the last few months ... I'm praying right now that the Lord will guide what I type to give a sweet, short catch up:) 

Our pastor's message on Sunday rocked, they always do! but I just can't shake a specific word he used, and that is adore ... what a sweet, tender word.  I really felt challenged to examine how my life is adoring Jesus.  What are we doing daily to adore Him??  As Ryan and I are walking out the hardest year we've ever experienced, are we adoring in the walk?  It's.not.about.me.  We make it so much about us!:/  We focus on what we don't have, or what we have that we don't want..  What a gift we have if we have Jesus ... the only hope, all we need, Jesus is enough!  I pray Ry and I cling to this truth, I pray the whole world does.  When my focus is on Him and not me .. it makes everything different, everything better.  Not easier, but holy. 

I have thought after thought, could write page after page.. on specific moments, specific words, specific encounters that have been hard these last several months.  Often we have to take it a day at a time, sometimes even a minute at a time.  Missing Gracen is very, very, very hard, it's hard not to think about all the moments we hoped we would be having here with her.  But, as a precious friend said, "She is not missing a thing!"  Her life lacks nothing, she is in the presence of Jesus adoring Him!  Gracen's life is changing so many, including me, her Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment